Friday, July 8, 2011

What hides in the rain

I hear it rain, I hear it chime,
the clouds roar, the clouds cry.
standing on this ledge, how shy am I
none can hear me, then why don't I cry
Cry why, why should I
Chivalry is the code I stand by.

Love you in my heart I have,
and to say we are but friends.
So when I imagine you with another man,
why does my heart take offence,
why are we but friends.

The future is uncertain, I must make mends,
So that I can take you away against all trends
Shame its a fantasy, its not what nature intends
you and I; I wish that true, I feel condemned.
I must rise a man well suited for a maiden.
So I will see you till then,
till  the time has come for me to see you again.

But for now I'll let it rain,
let the clouds roar and cry again,
let the thunder hide my pain,
and let the heavenly tears can hide mine in them.

-Rishi Banerjee

No comments: