Sunday, May 1, 2011

To Baba (that's dad in my language)

I have been having your card in my hands for a while and I really can't figure out what to write on it. I seems that I  don't have any memories; good memories of you. You where never there growing up and I know that I have said this a couple of times but I will say it again, every year when I ran those races, I knew I would never win but right at the end of it I would look to the right, in the crowd to look for you and you would never be there, so now even though your 47th birthday has gone by, I can't write a word on your card but its not because I hate you but because now I know. I know now that all those days when I was younger and only saw you 5 days a month and all those sport days that you missed; Were because you were working your bone to the ground trying to give me a better future, all the times you hit me till I bled was so that I learn what is right and wrong. All this time you did all that a good father should do, even though it got you only my hate. But now I know Baba, the sad part is I could probably never tell this to you, so here it is on the World Wide Web and I am hoping that you somehow stumble upon it.
Take care of your health and I really do love you
Rishi

No comments: